About DJ Mike Thomas
Since 1989, event performance and production has been my full-time commitment.
- At my busiest, I was performing and/or managing almost 250 events a year.
- At 16, I took my drivers test in the company van on my way to an event.
- I started doing adult nightclubs when I was 17, and I reprogrammed 10 others over my career.
- I almost missed my graduation ceremony, because I was doing another event.
- I started doing corporate event production and weddings before my 19th birthday.
- I spent another 5 years learning the technical side of sound and lighting in a concert environment.
- I work directly with multi platinum artist, including: Black Eyed Peas, Chicago, Earth, Wind and Fire, Janet Jackson, N-sync, Ricky Martin, Vicente Fernandez and many more.
- I spent 7 years as a professional on-air talent/radio announcer in San Diego.
- During this time I was employed by KYXY 96.5, 103.7 The Planet, Jammin Z 90.3 and Clear Channel.
Over my career, I estimate that I have done thousands of events and hundreds of weddings. Even though some weddings are similar they are all very unique unto themselves, because each couple is different
Client Review of Mike Thomas
Mike ROCKED our wedding! We had a destination wedding at the Japanese Friendship Garden in Balboa Park and was facing the challenge of finding someone I could trust from over 300 miles away. We wanted someone who could effectively “feel” the room and play accordingly. We ended getting that and so much more with Higher Level Sound!
The ceremony music was exactly as we had selected and it was timed impeccably. We did not select music for the cocktail hour or for during the reception dinner. Instead we opted to let Mike play something appropriate (to “feel” the room) and it was amazing! We had person after person come up to us and exclaim that he was playing their favorite love or dance song. The other area where Mike was great was during the toasting as we chose open mic (eek!). We had several people come up to toast, but Mike made sure to move everyone on once the toasting session became long. He kept the flow going at just the right pace. I would very highly recommend Mike Thomas as he went absolutely above and beyond my expectations.